Information on personal data protection
Who are the data controllers of your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by Renault lreland Limited, Renault Authorised Network (« RENAULT » or « we »), as joint controllers.
Renault Ireland Limited is located at Block 4 Dundrum Town Centre, Sandyford Rd, Dundrum, Dublin 16, Ireland. The data protection manager (DPM) can be contacted via Renault Customer Relations in Renault UK by email at email@example.com or by post at the following address:
Renault UK Ltd
The Rivers Office Park
Denham Way, Maple Cross
Renault Ireland Limited, Renault UK and Renault SAS, its parent company, share some liabilities depending on the purposes for which your personal data are processed.
Renault SAS is located in France, 13/15 quai le Gallo 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt. Contact details of its data protection officer (DPO) are the following: Renault SAS, Direction juridique – Délégué à la protection des données, 13/15 quai le Gallo 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where this notice refers to your "Dealer", this means the car dealership that you select in connection with an online order through one of our brand websites (where this facility is available). Please be aware that the Dealer is not part of Renault or the Renault group of companies. Your Dealer may retain your information for its own purposes, for example, to supply you with a vehicle ordered through one of our websites, or to contact you about its products and services. If you would like to know more about how the Dealer may use your information, please ask the Dealer for a copy of its Privacy Notice.
From time to time dealers within the Renault approved network may be replaced or changed. The new authorised dealer may contact you under legitimate interest to inform you of any such change and to continue to provide Renault services to you.
The list of the Dealer network and their contact details are available at https://www.renault.ie/find-a-dealer.html
How we use your personal data?
We may collect personal information from you where you fill in any forms on any of our brand websites, or register with and use the “My Renault", MyDacia”. We may also collect your information where you make enquiries or correspond with us by phone, email, live chat or otherwise.
We may also obtain certain personal information about you from sources outside our business which may include our group companies, (including without limitation RCI Banque Branch Ireland trading as « RCI Bank and Services », « Renault Finance », « Renault Bank », « Dacia Finance », « Dacia Bank the Renault Dealer network or other third parties.
The categories of information we may collect about you include your name, address, address history, email address, telephone number, vehicle registration number, bank details, ID documents and, (where you order a vehicle and/or apply for finance through one of our brand websites), your residential status, date of birth and driving licence number.
The purposes for which we use your information and the legal basis under data protection laws on which we rely to do this are as follows:
- It is necessary for the performance of the contract with you or to take steps to enter into it. This includes information that we collect and process:
- in order to enable you to make use of any of our brand websites,
- in connection with a contract concerning connected vehicles;
- where you purchase any service plan or extended warranty; or
- for the purpose of any other services we provide to you through our brand websites or otherwise.
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party such as breakdown or insurance providers, where you have said you would like to receive such services. These include:
- analysis to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your customer experience;
- creating a profile of you to determine what products and services you may be interested in for direct marketing purposes;
- operating our loyalty schemes;
- responding to online enquiries (including but not limited to test drive, brochure, finance quote and book a service enquiries)
- customer satisfaction or market research surveys;
- for product development, statistical analysis market research in order to continually improve the vehicles and/or services that we deliver to you (however you can ask us not to contact you for this purpose at any time);
- marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. following up on marketing leads, sending you renewal reminders, tailoring marketing communications or sending targeted marketing messages via social media and other third parties;
- advising you about the products and services that we are providing to you in response to a request from you about this
- prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- to correspond or communicate with you;
- monitoring communications between us (calls, letters, emails and texts) to prevent and detect crime, to protect the security of our communications, systems and procedures, and for quality control and training purposes
- network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- assess and improve our service to customers through recordings of any calls with our contact centres;
- providing you with customer service, including answering questions and responding to feedback and complaints
- for management and audit of our business operations including accounting and analysis of orders placed via our website
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. This includes when you exercise your legal rights under data protection law, to verify your identity, for the establishment and defence of our legal rights, for activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime, to conduct credit, fraud prevention and anti-money laundering checks and for compliance with our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- You have given us your consent to use it for direct marketing communications (by us, RCI Banque Branch Ireland, your Dealer and the other third parties listed in the “Who can access your personal data” section. For the avoidance of doubt, your data will only be shared with RCI for marketing purposes if you have indicated an interest in finance. Please see ‘Marketing’ below for more information on marketing, including details on how to stop receiving marketing communications.
More generally speaking, we undertake to collect only the personal data that are necessary for each purpose for which we process your data.
When we send you marketing information, we make sure to send you information that fit your needs or that are really of interest to you. Indeed, thanks to your personal data you provided to us directly or via or one of our partners, or that we collect automatically (when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications), we create a profile of you which allows us to assess and predict as well as possible your personal preferences and/or interests for our products and services. Better knowing you helps us improving your satisfaction.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data for the purpose of sending you marketing information, you can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at the following postal address:
Renault UK Ltd
The Rivers Office Park
Denham Way, Maple Cross
Your information is provided to us voluntarily. However, where you complete a sales enquiry or lead form through one of our brand websites, and do not provide us with required information that we request from you (indicated by a star (*)), we will not be able to proceed with your online enquiry or order.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We undertake to keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we process them, in accordance with the regulations.
In order to calculate the retention period of your personal data, we use notably the following criteria:
- The duration of your contract, if you have entered into such contract with RENAULT,
- The time required to proceed your request or your claim,
- The duration for which your user account is open, by reference to your last activity on that user account,
- Your reactivity to our marketing information,
- The need to keep a record of your interactions with us, for a good management of our commercial relationship,
- Our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may have to keep some of your personal data for a longer duration, in an archive file, in order for us to be able to defend in a legal action, until the end of the statute of limitation provided by applicable law.
Who can access your personal data?
We may share your information with:
- Companies and consultants providing services to us (for example, marketing agencies, mail outsourcing service providers, information technology service providers who provide and maintain our systems and our website host). Those companies and consultants providing services to us will only use your information to provide those services to us;
- Other members of the Renault group for product development, statistical analysis and audit purposes;
- Members of the Renault Dealer network, including their business partners;
- RAC, AXA TNS/Kantar, Global Insurance Management or other provider of services directly to you;
- A purchaser or potential purchaser of our business or otherwise in the event of a merger, re-organisation or similar event;
- Any associated or connected motor manufacturer from whom we purchase or hire goods (and their group companies).
- Third party insurance providers.
- An Garda Síochána, fraud prevention and identity authentication entities, other law enforcement agencies, government and tax authorities in Ireland or abroad in order to detect, investigate and prevent crime (please note that fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your information to detect, investigate and prevent crime).
- The courts in Ireland or abroad as necessary to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect vital interests and to protect the security or integrity of our business operations
As far as possible, we store your information on servers located within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, if some of our services providers are located outside of the EEA, your personal information may be processed in countries outside the EEA. Some of those countries may have a different regulation on data protection than the European Union. In such cases, we pay special attention to make such transfer compliant with applicable regulation and put in place equivalent safeguards with respect to the protection of your privacy, fundamental rights and freedoms to the ones offered by the European Union. We’ll use one of the following safeguards:
- Transfer your personal data to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as countries within the EEA.
- Put in place a contract with the recipient of the personal data using Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission that means the recipient must protect the personal data to the same standards as the protection provided in countries within the EEA.
- Transfer the personal data to organisations that are part of Privacy Shield. This is a framework that sets privacy standards for data sent between the US and EU countries. It makes sure those standards are similar to what is used in countries within the EEA.
Upon written request sent to the address mentioned in the below section “Your rights”, we may provide you with further details on those data transfers (especially the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission).
Finally, we may have to share your personal data with third parties as necessary to comply with a legal obligation or administrative or judiciary decision.
You have the following rights in respect of the processing of your personal information:
- To request access to your information, in other words to receive a copy of them,
- To have your information corrected, if it is inaccurate or not up to date, which will help us to comply with our obligation to have up-to-date information about you,
- To have your information erased (also known as the right to be forgotten), although such right might be limited in view of our contractual or legal obligations,
- To receive a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and transmit it to another data controller (also known as the right to data portability),
- To object to processing of your information, on grounds relating to your particular situation, and to restrict processing of your information, in the cases provided by the regulation,
- To object to marketing information (notably when profiling is used), you can unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe link in the email we send you,
- To withdraw your consent at any time, for the purposes for which we collected your consent.
- To not be subject to wholly automated decisions which produce legal effects or which could have a similarly significant effect on you.
To exercise any of these rights, you may contact us, providing a proof of your identity, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post at:
Renault UK Ltd
The Rivers Office Park
Denham Way, Maple Cross
You can unsubscribe from receiving our mailings at any time by sending a request to Renault Customer Relations using the contact details set out above. You can also unsubscribe at any time in the future by using the link that appears in the footer of every email that we send to you.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner about the processing of your personal data. For further information, please see www.dataprotection.ie. We encourage you to contact us before making any complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner and we will seek to resolve any issue or concern you may have.
Link to other information
We may automatically collect technical information about you when you visit any of our websites or use our mobile apps, including your IP address, your browser settings, using trackers (cookies).
For more information on this, please read our cookies policy available at https://www.renault.ie/cookies.html
Modification of this document
We may modify from time to time this information document. When required or needed, we will inform your and / or request your consent. We therefore invite you to have a look at it at every visit to get the up-to-date version
Updated on 23/5/18.